- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tbsp. sugar
- 3 tbsp. unsalted butter (cut in pieces)
- 2 tbsp. Key lime juice
- in the top of a double boiler; set over simmering water.
- Stir until sugar dissolves and butter melts.
- Beat 1 large egg, 1 large egg yolk and 1 tsp. shredded lime zest (colored part only) in a small bowl.
- Gradually whisk warm butter mixture into egg mixture.
- Return mixture to double boiler.
- Cook over simmering water, stirring constantly, until curd is thickened, about 10 minutes.
- Do not boil.
- Transfer to small bowl.
- Press plastic wrap directly onto surface and chill until cold.
NotesI like this occasionally instead of lemon curd for tarts and cake fillings.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
NFPG Recipe Collection
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette Starbuck
Quick Breads, Muffins and Cakes...Oh My!See More
Tabouleh (Cracked Wheat/Cucumber Salad)
Annie's Strawberry Dessert
Old Fashioned GingerbreadSee More