- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 6-7
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryI make this in the microwave, and it's a dish you can make a day or so ahead.
- 1 large onion, chopped, or 1 10-oz bag frozen chopped onions
- 1 large green pepper, chopped, or 1 10-oz. bag frozen chopped peppers
- 1 1-lb. bag frozen green beans, french cut
- 1 8-oz container sliced mushrooms (I like baby bellas, but plain white mushrooms can be
- 1 16-19 oz can ready-to-serve tomato soup
- 1 14-15 oz can diced tomatoes (I used the kind with diced jalapenos added)
- 1 can chili beans (I use Hanover's)
- 1 14-15 oz can zucchini, or about 2 cups fresh, diced
- 1 1-lb ring of kielbasa, sliced about 1/8" thick (I usually use the turkey kielbasa)
- Optional seasonings to taste: garlic (crushed or powder, do not use garlic
- salt), black pepper, hot sauce.
- I make this in the microwave, and it's a dish you can make a day or so ahead. Combine
- onions, green pepper, green beans, and mushrooms in a microwave proof container, and
- cook on high about 15 minutes. (If using fresh zucchini, include the zucchini now and cook
- about 20 minutes). NOTE: microwave ovens vary; you may need to adjust the time. Stir;
- then stir in the soup, tomatoes, chili beans, zucchini if using canned, sliced kielbasa, and
- any optional seasonings, and cook until heated through. Serves six or seven people
- (approximately 2-cup servings). This recipe can be doubled or tripled easily and tastes
- even better if served the next day (giving time for the flavors to blend). It can also be
- prepared on top of the stove or in a crockpot if desired. This is a relatively low-fat dish if you
- use the turkey kielbasa.
Pies, wonderful pies! Both sweet and savoury.
Heart Healthy Recipes from The HUB at UW-Milwaukee
C'mon a my house! (Metric and American measurements for most recipes)See More
Sauteed mushrooms with soybean paste
Lamb Loin Chops with Mushroom Marsala SauceSee More