- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 16
- Preparation Time:
- 6 to 7 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3 packages active dry yeast
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine - softened
- 2 cups very warm water (120 F to 130 F)
- Place 5 1/2 cups flour, sugar, salt, yeast, and butter in mixer bowl. Attach bowl and dough hook to mixer. Turn to Speed 2 and mix about 20 seconds. Gradually add warm water and mix about 1 1/2 minutes longer.
- Continuing on Speed 2, add remaining flour, 2 cups at a time, and mix about 2 minutes, or until dough clings to hook and cleans sides of bowl. Knead on Speed 2 about 2 minutes longer.
- Cover dough with plastic wrap and a towel. Let rest 20 minutes.
- Divide dough in half. Shape each half into a loaf. Place in greased 8 x 4 x 2 inch baking pans. Brush each loaf with oil and cover loosely with plastic wrap. Refrigerate 2 to 12 hours.
- When ready to bake, uncover dough carefully. Let stand at room temperature 10 minutes. Puncture any gas bubbles which may have formed. Bake at 400 F for 35 to 40 minutes. Remove from pans immediately and cool on wire racks.
NotesThis recipe is not only easy, but convenient. Prepare. Refrigerate for 2 to 12 hours. Bake on your time table for warm, fresh bread.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for Breakfast
Eco-Chefs Kids Culinary Cookbook
Simple Homemade FavoritesSee More
Soft Pumpkin Cookies with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting
Hot 'n Beefy Stuffed Pepper
Ginger Peach Upside Down CakeSee More