- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 16
- Preparation Time:
- 6 to 7 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3 packages active dry yeast
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine - softened
- 2 cups very warm water (120 F to 130 F)
- Place 5 1/2 cups flour, sugar, salt, yeast, and butter in mixer bowl. Attach bowl and dough hook to mixer. Turn to Speed 2 and mix about 20 seconds. Gradually add warm water and mix about 1 1/2 minutes longer.
- Continuing on Speed 2, add remaining flour, 2 cups at a time, and mix about 2 minutes, or until dough clings to hook and cleans sides of bowl. Knead on Speed 2 about 2 minutes longer.
- Cover dough with plastic wrap and a towel. Let rest 20 minutes.
- Divide dough in half. Shape each half into a loaf. Place in greased 8 x 4 x 2 inch baking pans. Brush each loaf with oil and cover loosely with plastic wrap. Refrigerate 2 to 12 hours.
- When ready to bake, uncover dough carefully. Let stand at room temperature 10 minutes. Puncture any gas bubbles which may have formed. Bake at 400 F for 35 to 40 minutes. Remove from pans immediately and cool on wire racks.
NotesThis recipe is not only easy, but convenient. Prepare. Refrigerate for 2 to 12 hours. Bake on your time table for warm, fresh bread.
Just Desserts - Top 20 from the Culinary Alchemy Blog
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or PartySee More
Best Mediterranean Baked Stuffed Chicken
Melt Your Heart Pizza
Paleo Flank Steak with Chimichurri SauceSee More