KITCHEN SINK STYLE MEATLOAF
1 cup sour cream
2 slices rye bread, torn into large pieces and pulsed in a food processor to coarse crumbs
1 cup cottage cheese
2 large eggs
1 envelope onion soup mix
2 teaspoons steak sauce
2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
2 teaspoons chopped fresh sage or 1/2 teaspoon dried
1 teaspoon hot sauce
1/2 teaspoon curry powder
1 pound 85 percent lean ground beef
1 pound bulk pork sausage
8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter
2 onions, minced
1 1/2 cups chili sauce
1. Adjust an oven rack to the middle position and heat the oven to 300 degrees. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with foil, set a wire rack over the baking sheet, and place a 9 by 6-inch piece of foil in the center of the rack. Following the photos, use a skewer to poke holes in the foil at 1/2-inch intervals.
2. Stir the sour cream and bread crumbs together in a bowl. Whisk the cottage cheese, eggs, soup mix, steak sauce, mustard, sage, hot sauce, and curry powder together in a large bowl. Add the sour cream-bread mixture, beef, and sausage to the bowl. Mix with your hands until evenly blended and the meat mixture does not stick to the bowl.
3. Transfer the meat to the foil rectangle and, using wet hands, pat the mixture into a 9 by 6-inch loaf. Bake the meatloaf for 40 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onions and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, 5 to 7 minutes. Stir in the chili sauce and cook until the flavors are blended, about 3 minutes.
5. Pour the sauce evenly over the meatloaf and continue to bake until the center registers 160 degrees on an instant-read thermometer, 50 minutes to 1 hour longer. Let rest for 15 minutes before serving.
Pairs Well With
I got this recipe off our local new station