- Cooking Time: 47
- Servings: 6-8
- Preparation Time: 20
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 slices rye bread, torn into large pieces and pulsed in a food processor to coarse crumbs
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 2 large eggs
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 2 teaspoons steak sauce
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh sage or 1/2 teaspoon dried
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 pound 85 percent lean ground beef
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 2 onions, minced
- 1 1/2 cups chili sauce
- 1. Adjust an oven rack to the middle position and heat the oven to 300 degrees. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with foil, set a wire rack over the baking sheet, and place a 9 by 6-inch piece of foil in the center of the rack. Following the photos, use a skewer to poke holes in the foil at 1/2-inch intervals.
- 2. Stir the sour cream and bread crumbs together in a bowl. Whisk the cottage cheese, eggs, soup mix, steak sauce, mustard, sage, hot sauce, and curry powder together in a large bowl. Add the sour cream-bread mixture, beef, and sausage to the bowl. Mix with your hands until evenly blended and the meat mixture does not stick to the bowl.
- 3. Transfer the meat to the foil rectangle and, using wet hands, pat the mixture into a 9 by 6-inch loaf. Bake the meatloaf for 40 minutes.
- 4. Meanwhile, melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onions and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, 5 to 7 minutes. Stir in the chili sauce and cook until the flavors are blended, about 3 minutes.
- 5. Pour the sauce evenly over the meatloaf and continue to bake until the center registers 160 degrees on an instant-read thermometer, 50 minutes to 1 hour longer. Let rest for 15 minutes before serving.
NotesI got this recipe off our local new station
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Lizz Delicious Cookbook Vol. 1
Angel Acres Christmas Dinner Cookbook!
Angel Acres Thanksgiving Dinner Cookbook!See More
Soft Pumpkin Cookies with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting
Hot 'n Beefy Stuffed Pepper
Ginger Peach Upside Down CakeSee More