- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryA friend was wanting to duplicate a cake she had bought at the grocery store bakery. I came up with this recipe, and she said it is really close to the one she bought.
- 1 box Duncan Hines Butter Recipe Gold Cake Mix
- 1 (3 3/4) oz pkg Jello Vanilla Instant Pudding and Pie Filling
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 1/2 cup Cherry Vanilla Dr Pepper
- Red food coloring
- Preheat oven to 325. Grease and flour Bundt pan.
- Mix all cake ingredients together. Reserve 1 cup (or less) of batter mixing it with enough food coloring to make it pink. Pour 1/2-2/3 of the yellow batter into the pan. Spread the pink batter over the yellow batter and don't allow it to go all of the way to the edges. Pour remaining yellow batter over the pink batter. Run a knife through the batter to create swirls.
- Bake one hour. Cool. Invert on serving platter.
- You can top with a vanilla glaze or a glaze made from confectioner's sugar, butter, and Dr Pepper