- Cooking Time: 70
- Preparation Time:
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 3 - 8 oz pkg cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 Tbsp corn starch
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup juice from fresh limes (I had about 8 very small limes.)
- 1 Tbsp fresh grated lime zest
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- To make crust:
- Combine graham cracker crumbs with the butter and sugar. Press into the bottom and partially up the sides of an 8 1/2 inch spring form pan. Bake in a preheated 375 degree oven for 5 minutes. Transfer the pan to a rack and cool.
- Add sugar to lime juice and let sit for awhile. In a large bowl, with an electric mixer or a food processor, beat cream cheese until smooth. Add vanilla and lime juice/sugar mixture. Beat in eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in sour cream, lime zest, and corn starch. Beat until smooth.
- Bake at 300 degrees for 70 minutes or until set. Place a pan half full of hot water on the lower rack during baking.
- Turn off the oven, and let the cheesecake stand in the oven 30 minutes with the door open at least 4 inches. Remove from the oven. Refrigerate cake overnight, and up to three days.
NotesMichelle loves Key Lime Pie. On a visit to her, I made a Key Lime Cheesecake for her since I had extra limes and cream cheese on hand. I ended up combining several recipes, and came up with this version. It was a hit! Is it ever creamy! I can't see why you couldn't substitute lemon juice for the lime juice.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
I'm Making Cookies! with Douglas E. Welch
Angel Acres Super Scrumptious Cookie Recipes!
Special SmoothiesSee More
Cordelia's Pound CakeSee More