- Cooking Time: 70
- Preparation Time:
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 3 - 8 oz pkg cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 Tbsp corn starch
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup juice from fresh limes (I had about 8 very small limes.)
- 1 Tbsp fresh grated lime zest
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- To make crust:
- Combine graham cracker crumbs with the butter and sugar. Press into the bottom and partially up the sides of an 8 1/2 inch spring form pan. Bake in a preheated 375 degree oven for 5 minutes. Transfer the pan to a rack and cool.
- Add sugar to lime juice and let sit for awhile. In a large bowl, with an electric mixer or a food processor, beat cream cheese until smooth. Add vanilla and lime juice/sugar mixture. Beat in eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in sour cream, lime zest, and corn starch. Beat until smooth.
- Bake at 300 degrees for 70 minutes or until set. Place a pan half full of hot water on the lower rack during baking.
- Turn off the oven, and let the cheesecake stand in the oven 30 minutes with the door open at least 4 inches. Remove from the oven. Refrigerate cake overnight, and up to three days.
NotesMichelle loves Key Lime Pie. On a visit to her, I made a Key Lime Cheesecake for her since I had extra limes and cream cheese on hand. I ended up combining several recipes, and came up with this version. It was a hit! Is it ever creamy! I can't see why you couldn't substitute lemon juice for the lime juice.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Classic Chocolate Recipes Elevated
Babette's Test Kitchen
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or PartySee More
Grandma Helen's Amazing Kolaches
Lemon Cucumber Tofu Salad
POTATO FRITTERSSee More