- Cooking Time:
- Servings: four servings.
- Preparation Time:
- 4 chicken breasts, skinned and boned
- 6 wedges of Edam or Gouda kaas
- 1/3 cup all purpose flour
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- fine bread crumbs
- oil for deep frying
- Cut chicken breasts in half.
- Pound to about 1/4 inch thickeness.
- Place wedges of Edam or Gouda cheese on each half breast.
- Roll and tuck the edges of the breasts so cheese is completely enclosed.
- Secure with a skewer or toothpick.
- Coat with flour, then dip into beaten eggs.
- Roll in bread crumbs, completely coating chicken rolls.
- Allow chicken rolls to dry for about 15 minutes.
- Fry in hot oil at 325ºF until golden brown, about 10 minutes.
NotesThe backstory of any Dutch recipe is part of the history of the USA, because there are more than 17 million descendants of the Dutch living in America. I'm Dutch Indonesian by birth, so I have the best of both worlds. This recipe we found in Dutch Treats Recipes, Folklore and Proverbs which was compiled by Carol Van Klompenburg.
HKA Community Fair Recipes 2015
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Desperate Housewives: Juicy Dishes & Saucy BitesSee More
Crockpot Garlic & Brown Sugar Chicken
Sour Cream Apple Squares
My Individual Pineapple Upside DownsSee More