- Cooking Time: 40 minutes
- Servings: 4-6
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- 2 Tbls. olive oil
- 1 medium onion sliced thinly
- 2 tsp. ground cumin
- 2 tsp. ground coriander
- 2 tsp. curry powder
- 1 Tbls. fresh ginger, minced
- 1 28 oz. can peeled crushed tomatoes (or about 1.5 lbs. fresh tomato, peeled ad pureed)
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 3 cups cooked black garbanzo beans
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1 Tbls. garam masala
- cilantro for garnish
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Add onion, cumin, coriander, curry and ginger.
- Cook, stirring often, until onion is tender.
- Add tomatoes and reduce heat; simmer 10 minutes.
- Add peppers and garbanzo beans and cook covered over low heat for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in yogurt and garam masala and serve over rice.
"Appreciation" The Complimentary "Clean Eats" Vol.3
Desperate Housewives: Juicy Dishes & Saucy Bites
Super Buddies Homemade Doggie TreatsSee More
Mama Mia ... Lentils Italian Style
Gabriola Clam Chowder
Gen's Vegetable Love PizzaSee More