- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup rice
- 4 cups water
- 2 pound lean ground beef or lamb
- 2 large onions, grated
- 1 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- 1/2 cup chopped dill
- 1 cup flour
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup shortening
- 4 cups lemon and egg sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Cook rice with 4 cups water over medium heat until tender. Remove from heat, drain well.
- Place meat in a large bowl, add rice, cheese, onions,parsley, salt and pepper.
- Knead mixture for 5 minutes to blend all ingredients.
- Form into egg shaped ovals and roll in flour.
- Dip the balls into the eggs, which have beaten until frothy.
- Fry on both sides in hot shortening until cooked through and golden brown.
- Makes about 24 large meatballs. Serve with rice, lemon and egg sauce, and steamed vegetables.
NotesAccording to the author of Cooks, Gluttons & Gourmets A History of Cookery, Kadin Budu means ladies thighs.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Breads and Pastry 101
Driscoll's Berry Desserts
MetroCooking DC 2013See More
Carmelized Banana Tart (Land O Lakes)
Betty Crocker Ooey Gooey Pumpkin Caramel Cupcakes
Chinese Chicken WingsSee More