- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips or 12 oz. semisweet chocolate broken into chunks
- 1 cup butter (margarine will not taste as good)
- ½ cup kahlua (if you have easy access to instant coffee, dissolve 2 tsp. of instant coffee in the kahlua. I have made it without the instant coffee and it was fine.)
- Melt the chocolate in a double boiler.
- Beat in the butter keeping the mixture over the hot water until the butter also melts.
- Take the mixture off of the hot water and beat in the kahlua.
- Put it in the refrigerator and beat it every 15 minutes or so until it is of a good frosting consistency.
- This is actually double the original frosting recipe but it is the amount of frosting you need to make this cake.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Super Buddies Homemade Doggie Treats
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. Welch
Favourites from Ana's Romanian KitchenSee More
Steak with red onion relish
Merry Christmas CookiesSee More