- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips or 12 oz. semisweet chocolate broken into chunks
- 1 cup butter (margarine will not taste as good)
- ½ cup kahlua (if you have easy access to instant coffee, dissolve 2 tsp. of instant coffee in the kahlua. I have made it without the instant coffee and it was fine.)
- Melt the chocolate in a double boiler.
- Beat in the butter keeping the mixture over the hot water until the butter also melts.
- Take the mixture off of the hot water and beat in the kahlua.
- Put it in the refrigerator and beat it every 15 minutes or so until it is of a good frosting consistency.
- This is actually double the original frosting recipe but it is the amount of frosting you need to make this cake.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Lizz Delicious Cookbook Vol. 1
Just Desserts - Top 20 from the Culinary Alchemy Blog
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome RecipesSee More
Steamed trout with ginger and spring onions
Buttery Pull-Apart Bread
Ham & Cheese Roll UpsSee More