- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time:
- 1 lb bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 3 oz butter
- 3 large eggs, separated
- 1/3 cup confectioner's sugar (powdered sugar)
- 1/4 cup Kahlua (coffee liqueur) (gotta figure out a way to increase that amount)
- 1 tsp instant coffee granules
- 2 cups heavy cream
- In a double boiler, melt the chocolate and butter over a low heated simmer. Once melted, remove from heat
- In a small bowl, beat the egg yolks. While beating, gradually add about 1/4 cup of the melted chocolate. Slowly beat the tempered egg mixture into the chocolate mixture
- In a large bowl, combine the confectioners sugar, Kahlua and coffee granules. Stir the chocolate mixture into the Kahlua mixture.
- In yet another bowl (ya....you're gonna be using a lot of bowls) whip the cream until you have stiff peaks (being careful not to turn it into butter). Fold the whipped cream into the Kahlua and chocolate mixture. Beat the egg whites until stiff (once again, do not over beat) and fold into the mixture
- Spoon into serving bowls and chill for at least 4 hours before serving
- Top with additional whipped cream and cocoa powder. But instead of adding vanilla to the whipped cream try a little Kahlua.
NotesWonderfully delicious recipe I found in my favorite cookbook...The Golden Book of Chocolate.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Delicious Breakfasts for Gluten-Free Kids!
Secret of the Wings Cookbook
Eating for a Look Good Naked Fitness Life - time to feel good in your own skinSee More
Puff Daddy Pancake
Pumpkin-Cream Cheese Streusel Pie
Tossed Salad With Oil And Vinegar DressingSee More