- Cooking Time: 45 minutes
- Servings: Makes 1/2 gallon
- Preparation Time: 1 hour
- 4 cups sugar
- 3 cups water
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1/2 cup prepared instant coffee
- 1 vanilla bean
- 1 quart vodka
- Bring sugar and 3 cups water to a boil and continue boiling for 20 minutes. The mixture will become syrupy. Cool.
- Combine the 1 cup boiling water with the instant coffee.
- Split the vanilla bean lenghwise and drop it into 1/2 gallon jug.
- Pour the vodka over the bean, then add the syrup and coffee mixtures.
- Let Kahlua age for weeks, covered.
NotesThe souce for this one is unknown. It is cool way to save some money!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Secret Life of Bees: Cooking Your Way Through College
Super Buddies Homemade Doggie Treats
Brownies: Baking Outside the BoxSee More
Roasted Butternut Bisque with Spicy Pumpkin Seeds
Julia's Fudge Puddles (Modified from allrecipes.com)
Seven More SinsSee More