- Cooking Time: 40-45
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time:
- 1 to 1-1/4-pound skinless, boneless chicken thighs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2/3 cup dried orzo
- 1/2 cup drained, pitted kalamata olives
- 1 14-ounce can chicken broth
- 1/2 of a lemon, cut into wedges or chunks
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dried Greek seasoning
- salt and pepper
- Hot chicken broth (optional)
- Fresh snipped oregano (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degree F.
- In a 4-quart Dutch oven brown chicken in hot oil over medium-high heat for 5 minutes, turning once.
- Stir in orzo, olives, the can of broth, lemon wedges, lemon juice, Greek seasoning, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper.
- Cover; bake for 35 minutes or until chicken is tender and no longer pink. (170 degree F).
- Serve in shallow bowls with additional broth, if desired.
- Top with snipped oregano.
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry!
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or Party
Babette's Test KitchenSee More
Dark Molten Chocolate Cakes
Shrimp and Penne Pasta Salad with Pesto, Bocconcini and Cherry Tomatoes
Turkey and Heirloom Tomato Frittata with BasilSee More