- Cooking Time: 40-45
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time:
- 1 to 1-1/4-pound skinless, boneless chicken thighs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2/3 cup dried orzo
- 1/2 cup drained, pitted kalamata olives
- 1 14-ounce can chicken broth
- 1/2 of a lemon, cut into wedges or chunks
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dried Greek seasoning
- salt and pepper
- Hot chicken broth (optional)
- Fresh snipped oregano (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degree F.
- In a 4-quart Dutch oven brown chicken in hot oil over medium-high heat for 5 minutes, turning once.
- Stir in orzo, olives, the can of broth, lemon wedges, lemon juice, Greek seasoning, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper.
- Cover; bake for 35 minutes or until chicken is tender and no longer pink. (170 degree F).
- Serve in shallow bowls with additional broth, if desired.
- Top with snipped oregano.