- Cooking Time: 30 minutes
- Servings: 2 Loaves
- Preparation Time: 30 minutes
- 1 cup warm water (95-105° F)
- 1 tablespoon yeast
- 1 cup flour
- Let set at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 2 tablespoons olive brine, warmed
- 4 teaspoons yeast
- 4 - 5 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons of salt
- 3/4 cups kalamata olives, pitted
- To create the starter,combine the water and yeast in a medium mixing bowl. Stir to dissolve the yeast. Add the flour to the bowl and stir. Cover with a cloth and ferment the starter at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- For the dough, combine the water and yeast. Stir to dissolve the yeast fully. Add the flour, salt, brine, starter, and olives. Mix on low speed (if using a mixer) until the dough is fully developed. Knead for 15 minutes if kneading by hand. Remove the dough from the mixing bowl.
- You can let the dough rise for an hour or so to develop the flavor or go on to the next step.
- Divide the dough into 2 pieces Roll each piece of dough into a boule, or a baguette. Place the dough on the counter and cover with a warm, damp cloth. Let rise for 30 minutes. Preheat the oven to 425° F.
- Form the dough into loaves and place them on the counter. Cover the loaves with a warm, damp cloth and proof at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Score the loaves with a sharp knife, spray with water, and bake for 30 minutes, until the crusts are a deep golden brown. Just as you put the loaves in the oven pour about 1.4 cup of water on the floor of the oven to create steam. Keep door closed.
- Remove the bread from the oven and cool for at least 30 minutes, or as long as you can wait.
NotesThis was from a friend and it was FANTASTIC!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Real Deal Apple Recipes.
KITCHEN CAUCUS Liberal Helpings
Happy Father's Day Day... Your Favorite RecipesSee More
Smooth Tomato & Creamy Tofu Sauce