KALE & WHITE BEAN SOUP (SIMPLE AND DELICIOUS)
Kale & White Bean Soup (simple and delicious)
- 1 small bunch kale
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, roughly chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- one 15-oz can cannellini beans, drained
- 5 cups vegetable broth
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- freshly grated parmesan cheese
Wash kale well. Remove leaves from stems and discard center ribs. Tear into bite-sized pieces.
Heat the olive oil in a heavy stockpot over medium-low heat and saute the onion, stirring occasionally, until it begins to caramelize, about 15 minutes. Add the garlic and red pepper flakes and saute the mixture another minute.
Add the beans, broth, and oregano, and bring to a simmer.
Add the kale and simmer, uncovered, stirring occasionally, until kale is tender, about 15 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle each serving with parm.