- Cooking Time: 0 minutes
- Servings: 5
- Preparation Time: 20 minutes
- 1lb bunch of Kale
- 2lb bag of Mixed Colored Peppers (bell)
- 1 mediun Onion (white or Vidalia)
- 1/3 cup Tamari
- 1/3 cup Olive Oil
- 1/3 cup Lime Juice
- Optional: toasted Pumpkin Seeds
- Take kale and cut the leaves away from the stems. Discard stems OR steam lightly and add to salad in marination step.
- Process peppers in a food processor or chop finely.
- Chop onion finely.
- Toss all ingredient with lime juice, tamari, and olive oil.
- Set in fridge to marinate overnight. Warning: leaves will reduce significantly in size.
- Add toasted seeds in the morning and serve!
NotesThis recipe began as the Esalen Kale Salad (google) but our chef didn't have nearly enough kale to make the recipe work as stated. Creative and devoted to using local produce as she is, our chef supplemented with a bumper crop bag of colored peppers. The salad was a serious hit at our potluck.
I'm Making Cookies! with Douglas E. Welch
MetroCooking DC 2013
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie ChallengeSee More
GINGERBREAD(LAURA INGALLS WILDER)
Boneless Roast Turkey Breast With Blueberry Salsa
Perfect Easter HamSee More