- Cooking Time: 45
- Servings: 2-4
- Preparation Time: 15
- 3 medium sweet potatoes, coarsely cubed
- 1 medium yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 5 cups chopped kale, stems removed
- 1/3 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 6 ounces (about 3 links) chicken sausage, sliced
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 1 clove garlic, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon chili flakes
- sea salt
- black pepper
- olive oil
- Place cubed sweet potatoes in a baking pan or dish. Season with salt and pepper and coat with olive oil.
- Bake for 20 – 25 minutes, until soft. Remove from oven and set aside.
- In a dutch oven over medium heat, warm some olive oil.
- Cook the chicken sausage until just browned.
- Add in onion and mushrooms and cook for about 3 – 5 minutes, until softened.
- Add in garlic, thyme, coriander, some sea salt and black pepper. Stir in and cook for about 1 minute.
- Pour in chicken stock and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for about 5 – 10 minutes.
- Add in roasted sweet potatoes and kale.
- Push the kale down into the soup so it’s submerged. Cook for about 3 – 5 minutes, until bright green and tender.
NotesThis is a light and healthy soup with a lot of greens! Feel free to omit the chicken sausage or substitute it with another type of protein, like shredded chicken breast.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Family and Friends Starter CookBook
WorkingBug's Open House Cookbook
Happy Father's Day Day... Your Favorite RecipesSee More
Peking Style Smoked Chicken
Quick and Spicy Tomato Soup
Grilled London BroilSee More