- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 2
- Preparation Time: 30
BackstoryThis is a delicious South Indian rock candy recipe that my mom used to make when we were kids.
- Rice - 1 cup, cooked
- Milk - 3 cups
- Kalkandu (Rock Candy) - 1 1/2 cup
- Ghee - 1 cup
- Cashewnuts - little
- Saffron Strands - a pinch
- Raisins - little
- Cardamom Powder - a pinch
- Pachai Karpooram (Edible Camphor) - a small piece
- Add milk to rice and pressure till done.
- Remove and mash lightly.
- Fry the cashewnuts and raisins in ghee. Keep aside.
- Add enough water to kalkandu and bring to a boil till it reaches an one string consistency.
- Add the rice and mix well.
- Add saffron strands, camphor, cardamom powder and mix well.
- Garnish with the fried cashewnuts and raisins.