- Cooking Time: 10-12 hours
- Servings: 6-8
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- 1 picnic pork
- 2 T. hickory flavored liquid smoke
- Sea salt or kosher salt
- 1. Cut slices throughout pork and rub thoroughly with salt.
- 2. Place pork on heavy-duty (if possible) foil, fat side up.
- 3. Add liquid smoke, and wrap as tightly with the foil as you can, making it water tight. Place the roast fat side up in the slow-cooker or roasting pan, filled with 1-2” water.
- 4. Cover slow cooker again tightly with foil and cover with lid. Slow-cook on low 10-12 hours. Shred pork with two forks and serve plain or with bbq sauce.
- Note: You can also roast in the oven at 400 degrees 1 hour, then reduce heat to 325 and roast 4-5 hours.
NotesA traditional Hawaiian favorite made right in your crockpot. Serve with Hawaiian rolls.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Delicious Breakfasts for Gluten-Free Kids!
culinary karmaSee More
Pineapple-Black Bean Enchiladas
Mascarpone Brownies With Honey Chocolate Sauce
Chicken RollupsSee More