- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups plus 4 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 cups water
- 2/3 cup cider vinnegar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 3 tablespoons molasses
- 2 teaspoons celery seeds
- 1 teaspoon smoked salt (optional)
- Combine all ingredients in a large saucepan; bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat; simmer for 25 minutes or until slightly thickened. Yield 5 cups. (serving size about 2 tablespoons).
- Nutritional Facts per serving: Calories 31; Fat 0.1g (sat.0, mono 0,poly 0); Protein 0.3g; Carb 7.8g, Fiber 0.2g;Chol 0 mg; Iron 0.3 mg; Sodium 198 mg; Calcium 12 mg.
- Source: July 2007 issue of Cooking Light.
NotesSince I'm on a low sodium diet, we have been looking for a barbecue sauce which is not high in sodium and taste great. We found it in the Kansas City Barbecue sauce which we slightly changed to our taste.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Breads and Pastry 101
Driscoll's Berry Desserts
MetroCooking DC 2013See More
Carmelized Banana Tart (Land O Lakes)
Betty Crocker Ooey Gooey Pumpkin Caramel Cupcakes
Chinese Chicken WingsSee More