KAO NIEW MAMUANG - THAI STICKY RICE WITH MANGOES
- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups (300 grams) sweet sticky rice*
- 3 cups (450 grams) water
- 1 cup (150 grams) coconut milk*
- 1/4 cup (50 grams) sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 ripe mangoes, peeled, pitted, halved, then sliced
- 6 tablespoons coconut milk
- Soak the rice in cold water for 7 to 8 hours. Drain the water. Put the rice in an electric rice cooker and add 3 cups of water. (If using a regular pan, cook rice over high heat until water boils; turn to low and cook until the rice looks dry and fluffy.) Meanwhile, combine sugar, 1 cup (150 grams) coconut milk and salt in a bowl, stirring until sugar is dissolved. When the rice is cooked, pour the coconut mixture over it. Mix well and let the sticky rice stand for 20 minutes. Cook 6 tablespoons of coconut milk over low heat for 10 minutes. Set aside. Spoon the sticky rice on a dessert plate. Angle the sliced mangoes around the sticky rice. top with warm coconut milk.
- Can be purchased at your local Oriental food markets such as 99 Ranch Market or on line.
NotesThis is delightful,refreshing dessert
Source: "A Touch of Thailand" by Duangduen Buranasombati
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Delicious Recipes Made Easy
Cooking On The Weekends - For The Love of Food!
Delicious Breakfasts for Gluten-Free Kids!See More
Luscious Tropical Dream Cake
Ultimate Peanut Butter & Chocolate Banana SplitSee More