- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 chicken (800gm) 25gm=1oz – cut into 12 pieces or 500 gms (1lb +2oz) boneless – cut into 2inch pieces
- 1 cup curd –hung for ½ hour to drain the liquid (whey) and then beaten till smooth
- 1 cup fresh cream (5ounce) ,
- 1 tbsp dried fenugreek leaves
- 6 tbsp oil
- 1tsp garam masala
- 11/2 salt to taste
- 1 tsp white pepper (adjust to taste)
- Grind together>
- 2 medium onions
- 6 flaskes garlic
- 1 inch piece ginger
- 1-2 green chilies
- Grind together onions, green chilies garlic and ginger with a little water to a fine paste in a blender. Heat oil. Add onion paste and fry till it just starts to change colour. Do not make it brown.
- (If you use prefer the chicken can be grilled without any marinade then add to the pan, in between brush some melted butter . There is no need to give much time for cooking the chicken if it is grilled.)
- Instead of grilling I usually stir fry the chicken pieces in little oil before adding to the sauted onion mixture. Add chicken salt garam masala and white pepper. Fry for 3 to 4 minutes on moderate heat (if the chicken is not grilled or stir fried before adding ) than it should change color at this stage.
- Cover, lower heat and cook till chicken is tender, approximately for 15 to 20 minutes
- Add 1/2 cup water and bring to a boil. Simmer for 2 to 3 minutes to get a thick masala gravy.
- Maintain low heat and add fresh cream. Mix well and let it come to a boil once, stirring continuously on low heat.
- Serve hot garnished with dried fenugreek leaves.
NotesCurd and cream form the base of this delicious white gravy with a fragrant dried mustard greens.
(Dried Fenugreek and creamy chicken)
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie Challenge
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013
KITCHEN CAUCUS Conservative CreationsSee More
Super Easy Chicken and Pepper Mexican Spiced Rice Stir Fry
How To Make Caramelized Onions
Salted Nut SquaresSee More