- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 chicken (800gm) 25gm=1oz – cut into 12 pieces or 500 gms (1lb +2oz) boneless – cut into 2inch pieces
- 1 cup curd –hung for ½ hour to drain the liquid (whey) and then beaten till smooth
- 1 cup fresh cream (5ounce) ,
- 1 tbsp dried fenugreek leaves
- 6 tbsp oil
- 1tsp garam masala
- 11/2 salt to taste
- 1 tsp white pepper (adjust to taste)
- Grind together>
- 2 medium onions
- 6 flaskes garlic
- 1 inch piece ginger
- 1-2 green chilies
- Grind together onions, green chilies garlic and ginger with a little water to a fine paste in a blender. Heat oil. Add onion paste and fry till it just starts to change colour. Do not make it brown.
- (If you use prefer the chicken can be grilled without any marinade then add to the pan, in between brush some melted butter . There is no need to give much time for cooking the chicken if it is grilled.)
- Instead of grilling I usually stir fry the chicken pieces in little oil before adding to the sauted onion mixture. Add chicken salt garam masala and white pepper. Fry for 3 to 4 minutes on moderate heat (if the chicken is not grilled or stir fried before adding ) than it should change color at this stage.
- Cover, lower heat and cook till chicken is tender, approximately for 15 to 20 minutes
- Add 1/2 cup water and bring to a boil. Simmer for 2 to 3 minutes to get a thick masala gravy.
- Maintain low heat and add fresh cream. Mix well and let it come to a boil once, stirring continuously on low heat.
- Serve hot garnished with dried fenugreek leaves.
NotesCurd and cream form the base of this delicious white gravy with a fragrant dried mustard greens.
(Dried Fenugreek and creamy chicken)
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at Pesah
Cooking with THE HOLMES SISTERS Volume 1 "As seen on 3ABN"
The Cookbook to Defy Disease and Decay - Your Prescription to an Anti-Inflammatory LifeSee More
Italian White Bean Soup
Butterscotch Hard Candy
Meringue Candy CanesSee More