- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/4 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1/2 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 1 head romaine lettuce
- 1 grapefruit
- 1 firm but ripe Bosc pear, peeled, cored, diced
- 1 tart green apple (such as Pippin), peeled, cored, diced
- 1 cup seedless grapes, halved
- 1/3 cup chopped dates
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- Mix mayonnaise, yogurt, orange juice, orange peel and Cajun seasoning in small bowl to blend. (Dressing can be prepared 1 day ahead. Cover and refrigerate.)
- Line large bowl with large outer leaves of lettuce. Chop enough remaining leaves into bite-size pieces to measure 6 cups (reserve remaining lettuce for another use). Place chopped lettuce in another large bowl. Using small sharp knife, cut off peel and white pith from grapefruit. Cut between membranes to release grapefruit segments. Cut segments in half. Place in bowl with chopped lettuce. Add diced pear, diced apple, halved grapes and chopped dates. Add dressing to salad and toss to coat.
- Transfer salad to leaf-lined bowl. Sprinkle salad with pine nuts and serve.
NotesThis is the recipe that really upset Bree at the Governor's Ball last year. I've decided to really piss her off and post the recipe here on BakeSpace. Just don't tell her I gave it to you. She still asks me for it! Get ready to turn a few heads! This is not your mother's Waldorf Salad.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
MidLife Road Trip's
Disney's Tinker Bell "Secret of the Wings Cookbook"
Julie Tries ... Her Friends' RecipesSee More
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Brownies
Peanut Butter Chocolate and Banana Chip Cookies
NO-BAKE CHEESECAKE PETIT FOURSSee More