- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 6 cups Unbleached flour
- 3 1/2 teaspoons Baking Soda
- 3 teaspoons salt
- 6 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 4 cups shortening
- 4 1/2 cups light brown sugar
- 8 eggs
- 3/4 cup low fat milk
- 6 cups raisins
- 12 cups Old fashioned Oatmeal
- 3 cups chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven at 375ºF
- Blend all wet ingredients with a mixer on slow speed.
- Add all spices/seasonings and blend in low speed.
- In a large stainless bowl add flour and wet ingredients and blend until smooth with wooden spoon.
- Stir in raisins.
- Stir in walnuts.
- Drop by tablespoon full on Ungreased cookie sheets, 1+ inch apart.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, until bottoms are browned and tops look moist. (Use a timer)
- Let set on cookie sheet a few minutes because they are very soft and break easily.
- Transfer cookies to baking racks and let cool.
- This recipe will make about 100 cookies, depending on the size of your spoonful.
NotesMy wife, Kathie, makes these oatmeal cookies and they are the best!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Secret of the Wings Cookbook
Adventures in Cooking
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for LunchSee More
Corn Fritters ( Sorullitos)
Mambo Pork Rolls with Sweet Potatoes
Red Lentil And Vegetable SoupSee More