- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 1/4 pounds small white or red new potatoes
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- Ground black pepper
- 3 medium tomatoes, cored and cut into large chunks
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 8 slices center-cut bacon
- 12 cups loosely packed romaine lettuce or other salad greens (torn into pieces)
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese made with 2 percent milk
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Cut larger potatoes into quarters and smaller ones into halves.
- Place potatoes in a zip-top bag with 1 tablespoon olive oil and seal the bag.
- Shake and toss the bag until potatoes are evenly coated.
- Pour potatoes onto a baking sheet; add salt and pepper to taste.
- Roast, turning once, about 30 minutes, until potatoes are golden.
- Place tomato chunks in a large bowl.
- To make dressing, whisk together remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil, balsamic vinegar and basil in a small bowl.
- If desired, season with salt and pepper.
- Pour about one-fourth of dressing over the tomatoes and set aside.
- In a large nonstick pan over medium-high heat, cook bacon until brown and crispy.
- Drain bacon on paper towels, then crumble it.
- Divide roasted potatoes among four serving plates. Add salad greens to bowl with tomatoes; add remaining dressing and toss to combine.
- Arrange salad over potatoes.
- Top with bacon and sprinkle with mozzarella.
NotesAdapted from "Cooking Thin with Chef Kathleen," by Kathleen Daelemans (Houghton Mifflin, 2002).
Per serving: 367 calories; 19g fat (47 percent calories from fat); 5g saturated fat; 22mg cholesterol; 14g protein; 35g carbohydrate; 8g sugar; 7g fiber; 398mg sodium; 189mg calcium; 1385mg potassium.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Taste of CenturyLink
"Appreciation" The Complimentary "Clean Eats" Vol.3
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette StarbuckSee More
Roasted Pepper Potato Soup
Oven Crispy FriesSee More