- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 54
- Preparation Time:
- 1 C butter, softened
- 1 1/3 C Sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 C all purpose Flour
- 1 t. vanilla
- 1 t. baking soda
- 1 t. cream of tartar
- 1/4 t. salt
- 2 t. ground cinnamon
- 3 T sugar
- In a large bowl of an electric mixer, beat butter and the 1 1/3 C sugar until creamy.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla.
- In another bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, cream of tartar, and salt; gradually add to butter mixture, blending thoroughly.
- In a small bowl, combine cinnamon and the 3 T sugar.
- Roll dough into 1 inch balls, then roll in cinnamon sugar mixture to coat.
- Place at least 2 inches apart on greased baking sheets.
- Bake in a 375 degree oven for about 12 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Let cool on baking sheets for about a minute, then transfer to racks and let cool completely. Store airtight (to keep soft).
NotesThese are my FAVORITE all occasion cookies. When I bring them to work they are gone BEFORE lunch. Easy, simple. Must make with Butter. I'm actually having second thoughts about sharing because they are super special to me...