- Cooking Time: 30-40 minutes
- Servings: 10-12
- Preparation Time: 15-20 minutes
BackstoryYou can make this chili with as much heat or as little heat as you like. For less heat use green chilies in place of the jalapeno.
- 2 pounds ground chicken-browned
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1-1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cans (15-1/2 ounces each) great northern beans
- 3 cans (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1 can (4 ounce, but only use 1/2 can) diced jalapeno peppers, drained
- 1 Tbls. lime juice
- Lawry's seasoned salt & cracked black pepper to taste
- 1 Tbls. hot sauce
- 1 Tbls. chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 pint whipping cream
- Shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- In a large pot, saute chicken, onion and garlic powder in oil. About half way through browning add lime juice and seasoned salt and pepper.
- When chicken is browned add beans, broth, jalapeno peppers and seasonings. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes.
- Remove from the heat; stir in sour cream and whipping cream. Let chili rest 5 minutes or so and mix well.
- Top with shredded cheese when plated and a dollup of sour cream if desired!