- Cooking Time: 30-40 minutes
- Servings: 10-12
- Preparation Time: 15-20 minutes
- 2 pounds ground chicken-browned
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1-1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cans (15-1/2 ounces each) great northern beans
- 3 cans (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1 can (4 ounce, but only use 1/2 can) diced jalapeno peppers, drained
- 1 Tbls. lime juice
- Lawry's seasoned salt & cracked black pepper to taste
- 1 Tbls. hot sauce
- 1 Tbls. chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 pint whipping cream
- Shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- In a large pot, saute chicken, onion and garlic powder in oil. About half way through browning add lime juice and seasoned salt and pepper.
- When chicken is browned add beans, broth, jalapeno peppers and seasonings. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes.
- Remove from the heat; stir in sour cream and whipping cream. Let chili rest 5 minutes or so and mix well.
- Top with shredded cheese when plated and a dollup of sour cream if desired!
NotesYou can make this chili with as much heat or as little heat as you like. For less heat use green chilies in place of the jalapeno.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Watt's Cooking in PA?
Baby Food: Baby's First Solid Foods
Angel Acres Soup & Chili CookbookSee More
Super-Simple Snickers Pies
Cilantro Pork Tamales
PUmpkin Carrot Swirl BarsSee More