- Cooking Time: 15
- Servings: 2
- Preparation Time: 5
- 1 Skinless Boneless Chicken Breast
- 2 cups Bread Crumbs (Panko Crumbs make it crispier)
- 1 cup Parmesan Cheese - grated
- 1 tbsp capers
- 1 tbsp Dijon Mustard
- Juice of one lemon
- 2 tbsp butter
- 3 cups baby spinach
- 1 egg (can substitute egg whites)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Italian seasoning
- chilli flakes
- 1 tsp crushed garlic
- Put the chicken breast between plastic wrap and pound it baby!! Great way to get out your frustrations. It needs to be nice and thin so you can cut it into two.
- Put olive oil in medium skillet or fry pan and heat over medium high heat until it just starts to smoke.
- Mix bread crumbs and parmesan together with some Italian Seasoning and salt and pepper.
- Dip chicken in beaten egg wash (or just pour some egg whites in) and then coat with bread crumb and parmesan mixture.
- Place in hot fry pan until brown and crispy before turning - about 3 - 5 minutes.
- Place on serving plates when crispy and brown on both sides.
- Reduce heat on pan and melt 1 tbsp butter until slightly brown.
- Add mustard, capers and lemon juice and stir to mix and heat through to make a sauce.
- Pour over chicken.
- Melt remaining butter in pan adding garlic and some chilli flakes.
- Toss spinach in pan until coated with butter and slightly wilted.
- Serve over chicken.
NotesI got this recipe from Men's Health magazine and changes the name for fun. Great recipe for a quick and healthy dinner all made in one pan.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew Judson
Healthy Blender Recipes: Vegan Drinks, Shakes & Smoothies
Watt's Cooking in PA?See More
Sauteed Spinach with Garlic: Julie & Julia
Red Cabbage and Apple Salad with Ginger Vinaigrette
Marly's Vegan Coconut CakeSee More