- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 C flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 C margarine or butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 C Rice Krispies
- 1 C quick rolled oats, uncooked
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut (sweetened)
- Mix butter and sugar until smooth. Add the rest and mix.
- Bake at 350 F 12 minutes or so. Store in airtight container.
NotesMy mom made these. She died a few years ago and I lost her recipe cards, but I remember she said she got it off of the Rice Krispies box. So I looked up Kellogg's and wha-la! They are best smashed pretty flat, so they are crunchy and chewy and awesome dipped in milk.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Angel Acres Soup & Chili Cookbook
Three Sweet Spring Treats from Saddlebred Rescue, Inc.See More
Smooth Tomato & Creamy Tofu Sauce