- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 C flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 C margarine or butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 C Rice Krispies
- 1 C quick rolled oats, uncooked
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut (sweetened)
- Mix butter and sugar until smooth. Add the rest and mix.
- Bake at 350 F 12 minutes or so. Store in airtight container.
NotesMy mom made these. She died a few years ago and I lost her recipe cards, but I remember she said she got it off of the Rice Krispies box. So I looked up Kellogg's and wha-la! They are best smashed pretty flat, so they are crunchy and chewy and awesome dipped in milk.
Life on a Beach Easy Seafood Cooking at Home
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. Welch
TECHmunch Austin 2013 Food Blogger Community CookbookSee More
Italian Sausage and Mushroom Ravioli
Chicken Tacos with Green Chili Adobo
Fish Cakes (Thai) with Herd & Peanut SaladSee More