- Cooking Time: 32-37
- Preparation Time:
- 1 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp cajun seasoning
- 2 teaspoons lemon pepper
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 1 pound catfish fillets
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup zesty Italian-style salad dressing
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a medium baking dish.
- In a shallow, medium bowl, mix cayenne pepper, lemon pepper, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Brush both sides of catfish fillets with butter.
- Rub fillets with the cayenne pepper mixture on both sides.
- Heat a large heavy skillet over medium-high heat until really hot.
- Add fillets, and fry approximately 2 minutes on each side, until slightly blackened.
- Arrange blackened fillets in a single layer in the prepared baking dish, and coat with Italian-style salad dressing.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes in the preheated oven, until fish is easily flaked with a fork.
NotesI originally found a recipe on allrecipes called "Barlow's Blackened Catfish." I have since modified the recipe and made it my own. Hence the name "Kelly's Blackened Catfish."
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Italy or Bust
The Social Cookbook
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)See More
Holey Moley Dark Mexican Chocolate Dulce De Leche Brownies
Sweet, Salty, Frito CandySee More