- Cooking Time: 32-37
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryI originally found a recipe on allrecipes called "Barlow's Blackened Catfish." I have since modified the recipe and made it my own. Hence the name "Kelly's Blackened Catfish."
- 1 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp cajun seasoning
- 2 teaspoons lemon pepper
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 1 pound catfish fillets
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup zesty Italian-style salad dressing
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a medium baking dish.
- In a shallow, medium bowl, mix cayenne pepper, lemon pepper, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Brush both sides of catfish fillets with butter.
- Rub fillets with the cayenne pepper mixture on both sides.
- Heat a large heavy skillet over medium-high heat until really hot.
- Add fillets, and fry approximately 2 minutes on each side, until slightly blackened.
- Arrange blackened fillets in a single layer in the prepared baking dish, and coat with Italian-style salad dressing.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes in the preheated oven, until fish is easily flaked with a fork.