- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 16
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3/4 cup frozen yellow corn
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cream together butter, sugar, honey, eggs and salt in a large bowl.
- Add flour, cornmeal and baking powder and blend thoroughly.
- Add milk while mixing.
- Add corn to mixture and combine by hand until corn is worked in.
- Fill each muffin cup with batter.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until muffins begin to turn brown on top.
- Cool and serve.
- Number of Servings: 16
NotesWhen Kenny Rogers' Roasters was first introduced in my hometown, we all went nuts for the corn muffins, although it sounded way too alien to us at that time. I think to appreciate corn muffins needs and acquired taste. Thus, corn muffins have been replaced with vanilla muffins, much to my displeasure. I'm glad to have found this recipe and would love to share it with everyone who misses the wholesome goodness of Kenny Rogers' muffins.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Just Desserts - Top 20 from the Culinary Alchemy Blog
Holidays = Desserts = Happiness
I'm Making Cookies! with Douglas E. WelchSee More
Cordelia's Pound CakeSee More