- Cooking Time: 1 hour
- Servings: 12 servings
- Preparation Time: 15 to 20 minutes
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 cup butter (not margarine)
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- Powdered sugar (optional)
- Butter Sauce:
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup butter (not margarine)
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 F.; grease and flour Bundt pan.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- Cream together 1 cup of butter and 2 cups of sugar; blend in eggs, buttermilk and vanilla; add alternately milk and flour mixture into creamed mixture; pour batter into Bundt pan and bake for 1 hour.
- For the butter sauce: In a medium sauce pan on medium heat, mix sugar, water and butter; bring to a low boil, stirring until sugar is dissolved; add vanilla.
- When cake is still very hot, leave in Bundt pan and poke small holes in top and drizzle butter sauce over cake; let cool.
- Transfer cake to serving plate and dust with powdered sugar, if desired.
NotesThis is a delicious Kentucky Butter Cake recipe that I found on the internet.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Driscoll's Berry Desserts
Lau Family Recipes
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at PesahSee More
STUFFAT TAL-QARNIT (Octopus Stew)
Frosted Apple Cinnamon Bars
BANANA WELLINGTONSSee More