- Cooking Time: 1 hour
- Servings: 12 servings
- Preparation Time: 15 to 20 minutes
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 cup butter (not margarine)
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- Powdered sugar (optional)
- Butter Sauce:
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup butter (not margarine)
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 F.; grease and flour Bundt pan.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- Cream together 1 cup of butter and 2 cups of sugar; blend in eggs, buttermilk and vanilla; add alternately milk and flour mixture into creamed mixture; pour batter into Bundt pan and bake for 1 hour.
- For the butter sauce: In a medium sauce pan on medium heat, mix sugar, water and butter; bring to a low boil, stirring until sugar is dissolved; add vanilla.
- When cake is still very hot, leave in Bundt pan and poke small holes in top and drizzle butter sauce over cake; let cool.
- Transfer cake to serving plate and dust with powdered sugar, if desired.
NotesThis is a delicious Kentucky Butter Cake recipe that I found on the internet.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013
MidLife Road Trip'sSee More
Dark chocolate truffle tart with flax seeds
Khatta Meetha Karela
Roasted Butternut Squash SoupSee More