- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryEveryone should try this cake at least once! Sooo moist and sooo buttery!
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons vanilla or rum extract
- 4 eggs
- Confectioners' sugar (for garnish)
- Whipping Cream, whipped (for garnish)
- Butter Sauce:
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup butter
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 - 2 teaspoons vanilla or rum extract
- Preheat oven to 325°F (160 C). Generously grease and lightly flour a 12-cup bundt pan or 10-inch tube pan.
- In large bowl, combine all cake ingredients at low speed until moistened; beat 3 minutes at medium speed.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 55 to 60 minutes, until tests done. Do not remove from pan.
- In small saucepan, combine all sauce ingredients; cook over low heat until butter melts, stirring occasionally. Do not boil.
- Using long-tined fork, pierce hot cake in pan 10 - 12 times. Slowly pour hot sauce over cake.
- Remove cake from pan immediately after sauce has been absorbed, 5 - 10 minutes. Cool completely.
- Just before serving, sprinkle lightly with powdered sugar. Serve with sweetened whipped cream. If desired, save a little of the butter sauce and drizzle over cake before serving.