- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons vanilla or rum extract
- 4 eggs
- Confectioners' sugar (for garnish)
- Whipping Cream, whipped (for garnish)
- Butter Sauce:
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup butter
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 - 2 teaspoons vanilla or rum extract
- Preheat oven to 325°F (160 C). Generously grease and lightly flour a 12-cup bundt pan or 10-inch tube pan.
- In large bowl, combine all cake ingredients at low speed until moistened; beat 3 minutes at medium speed.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 55 to 60 minutes, until tests done. Do not remove from pan.
- In small saucepan, combine all sauce ingredients; cook over low heat until butter melts, stirring occasionally. Do not boil.
- Using long-tined fork, pierce hot cake in pan 10 - 12 times. Slowly pour hot sauce over cake.
- Remove cake from pan immediately after sauce has been absorbed, 5 - 10 minutes. Cool completely.
- Just before serving, sprinkle lightly with powdered sugar. Serve with sweetened whipped cream. If desired, save a little of the butter sauce and drizzle over cake before serving.
NotesEveryone should try this cake at least once! Sooo moist and sooo buttery!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Angel Acres Thanksgiving Dinner Cookbook!
Mrs. Claus Cooks for Holiday Entertaining
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry!See More
Edamame and Radish Slaw
Lisa Lovegood's Butterbeer Cake
Rustic Whole Wheat Garlic & Herb PizzaSee More