- Cooking Time: 30
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time: 20
- 1/2 lb. ground sausage (I use Jimmy Dean Sage flavored)
- 3 Cups fresh bread cubes, dried or toasted
- 3 Cups crumbled prepared cornbread
- 1 large apple, peeled and chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 Cup chicken or turkey broth
- 2 Tbls minced parsley
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. rubbed sage or poultry seasoning
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- Crumble sausage into small skillet. Cook over medium-high heat until browned, stirring
- Place sausage and drippings in large bowl. Add remaining ingredients, toss lightly. Use to stuff chicken loosely just before roasting. Or, place stuffing in greased 9 X 13-inch baking dish. Add additional broth for moister stuffing, if desired.
- Bake at 350 degree F for 30 minutes. Leftover stuffing should be removed from bird and stored separately in refrigerator. Reheat thoroughly before serving.