- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 cup butter
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 cups milk
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 egg, beaten
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 tomato, thinly sliced
- 1 pound thinly sliced cooked turkey
- 8 slices bread, toasted
- 8 slices bacon, cooked
- In a large skillet, melt 1/2 cup butter over medium heat. Stir in enough flour to absorb all of the butter. Slowly whisk in the milk, and 6 tablespoons of Parmesan cheese. Stir in the egg to thicken the sauce, but do not allow to boil. Remove from heat, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat remaining tablespoon of butter in a small skillet. Saute mushrooms in the butter until soft. Set aside.
- Preheat your oven's broiler. For each Hot Brown, place two slices of toast onto a heatproof plate or dish. Cover the toast with about 1/4 cup sauteed mushrooms and a couple of tomato slices. Place a liberal amount of turkey onto each Hot Brown, and pour an even more liberal amount of sauce over. Smother that baby. Sprinkle remaining Parmesan cheese over the top. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- Place the entire dish under the broiler until the sauce is speckled brown and bubbly. Remove from broiler, criss-cross two slices of bacon on top, and serve!
NotesI am a KY gal and this is a classic that we always make espcially during derby week!! There are many variations to the recipe, but trust me once you try it you will be in love with KY!!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Noshing with NOCALL: Recipe Pathfinders of the Northern California Association of Law Libraries
Gluten-Free and Delicious
My Family CookbookSee More
Surprise Birthday Cake
Citrus Pork Roast
Paula's Pecan ChickenSee More