- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup White Corn Syrup
- 1 cup Dark Brown Sugar (packed is best)
- 1/2 tsp Salt (slightly less if you are using salted butter)
- 1 tsp Vanilla (the good stuff if possible)
- 3 Whole Eggs, Slightly Beaten
- 1/3 Cup Melted Butter
- 1 heaping cup Pecan Pieces
- handful Pecan Halves
- COMBINE - Syrup, Sugar, Salt, butter and Vanilla.
- Mix Well
- ADD - Slightly Beaten Eggs.
- Mix Well
- STIR IN - Pecan Pieces.
- Mix Well
- Pour into 9 Inch Deep Dish unbaked Pie Shell.
- Place firm becan halves on top in a pattern.
- Bake at 350F for approx 45min (until firm but not too brown on the top)
- Cool Well (Filling will firm up more as it cools)
- Variations on that theme - .. Over the years I've done different things.. but only with the Pecans. Currently I've been chopping the pecan pieces a little more and just putting them into the pie shell and pouring the mixture over top of those and letting things settle as it will.
- Usually I make a nice ring pattern around the whole pie from outside in. Others I either just added more pieces onto the top, or made an outer ring with pieces in the middle.
- Also. I usually make 2 pies at once. It's easier to use the whole 16oz countainer of Syrup than to store the other 8oz. Same goes for a 16 oz box of Brown Sugar. So for many years now I've never made just one pie at a time. You just have to be carefull, mix well and alternate between shells to that it's even in both. The baking time takes a little longer, but at 45 minutes I usually place a square piece of foil over top of the pie's so the pecans to burn.
- One of my brothers added chocolate chips to his recipe mix and said it came out great, but I haven't tried that yet. It's already sweet and tasty enough.
- I've been making this pie recipe for almost 30years..
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Short & Sweet
Angel Acres Soup & Chili Cookbook
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 1 Mains and AppetisersSee More
Rich Chocolate Pecan Pie
Cheesy Stuffed Baked Ziti
GREEN BEAN CASSEROLESee More