- Cooking Time: No more than 20 minutes
- Servings: 4-6
- Preparation Time: 5 minutes
- 4 cups of cooked white beans (I prefer navy beans)
- About 2 cups of tomato juice (Must be only tomato - no V8)
- 2-3 TBs of brown sugar
- 1-2 TBs of red wine or balsamic vinegar
- 1 TBs of soy sauce
- Dash of cayenne
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Put all the ingrediants in a pot. Cook on low to medium heat until the beans are warmed through and the sauce begins to thicken. Eat.
NotesFile this under "Things I like to eat that other people think are gross." I made these after going to England and developing a taste for beans in tomato sauce on toast. When I got back to the states, I wanted to find a way to make the dish myself, without having to buy Heinz canned beans or Batchelor's Beans. So, I just looked at the ingredients and made this up. There's no ketchup in it, but I think it tastes like there is.
These beans are also good with potatoes and eggs.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Angel Acres Christmas Dinner Cookbook!
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 1 Mains and Appetisers
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at PesahSee More
Holey Moley Dark Mexican Chocolate Dulce De Leche Brownies
Sweet, Salty, Frito CandySee More