- Cooking Time: No more than 20 minutes
- Servings: 4-6
- Preparation Time: 5 minutes
- 4 cups of cooked white beans (I prefer navy beans)
- About 2 cups of tomato juice (Must be only tomato - no V8)
- 2-3 TBs of brown sugar
- 1-2 TBs of red wine or balsamic vinegar
- 1 TBs of soy sauce
- Dash of cayenne
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Put all the ingrediants in a pot. Cook on low to medium heat until the beans are warmed through and the sauce begins to thicken. Eat.
NotesFile this under "Things I like to eat that other people think are gross." I made these after going to England and developing a taste for beans in tomato sauce on toast. When I got back to the states, I wanted to find a way to make the dish myself, without having to buy Heinz canned beans or Batchelor's Beans. So, I just looked at the ingredients and made this up. There's no ketchup in it, but I think it tastes like there is.
These beans are also good with potatoes and eggs.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Recipes for Vitality
Adventures in Cooking
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at PesahSee More
Rich Chocolate Pecan Pie
Cheesy Stuffed Baked Ziti
GREEN BEAN CASSEROLESee More