- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- zest from 4-6 key limes (or one regular old lime), finely grated
- Juice from 2-3 key limes (it’s not very much liquid but key lime is more intense)
- 2 tsp Boyajian pure lime oil (I’m telling you, no substitutions. You could maybe try more zest and lime juice and adjust the flour some but the Boyajian lime oil is fantastic)
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp fine sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350F/177C
- Cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add lime zest, Boyajian oil, and eggs until well combined.
- Sift flour and baking powder together and add to the butter mixture. Add lime juice. Mix until it forms a dough.
- Form into walnut size balls using a small cookie scoop. For prettier cookies, roll lightly in the palms of your hand. Drop onto a cookie sheet with a silicon baking sheet liner or parchment paper. But be careful! My new silicon liner is so slick that the entire first pan of cookies slid off the pan and onto the floor coming out of the oven.
- Bake 12-15 minutes or until edges are lightly golden (I seriously need to check my oven temperature). Let cool
- While cooling, make glaze.
- Zest from 2 key limes
- Juice from 3-4 key limes
- A couple drops of Boyajian lime oil
- Enough powdered sugar to make glaze about the consistency of thick glue. In my case - about 1 cup. I have leftovers but I'm trying to come up with a good excuse to put it on anything.
- Spoon a small amount (say about 1/2 a teaspoon) on the center of a cooled cookie and swirl a bit with a spoon. The glaze will even itself out. Let set completely before packaging.
- Optional: sprinkle with just a pinch of coarse sea salt before the glaze has set.
- Makes about 4 dozen
NotesThese are based on my all purpose, soft sugar cookie recipe again - my what a versatile recipe that is.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or Party
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 2 Desserts and Cakes
I Got Baked: Introducing Cookbook CafeSee More
Cake Mix Banana Nut Bread
EZ Salami Rolls
Asparagus FrittataSee More