- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 16
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup cake flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups (packed) golden brown sugar
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 large eggs
- 3 TBSP key lime juice
- 3/4 cup shredded sweetened coconut
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 9×9x2-inch metal baking pan with aluminum foil, extending foil over sides by 2 inches. Butter and flour foil.
- Whisk 2 cups flour, baking powder, salt, and baking soda in medium bowl to blend. Using electric mixer, beat brown sugar and butter in large bowl until light and fluffy.
- Beat in eggs 1 at a time, then key lime juice. Add flour mixture and beat just until blended. Stir in shredded coconut.
- Spread batter evenly in prepared pan.
- Bake dessert until top is golden and tester inserted into center comes out clean, about 50 minutes
- Cool completely in pan on rack. (Can be made 1 day ahead. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate. Bring to room temperature before serving.) Decorate with melted white chocolate if desired. Cut into 16 squares and serve.
NotesI found this recipe on the Good Eats N Sweets blog - looked so great and had to share - will be making tomorrow.
Kale Yeah It's Good...No Meat Necessary
The Cookbook to Defy Disease and Decay - Your Prescription to an Anti-Inflammatory Life
Quick Breads, Muffins and Cakes...Oh My!See More
mussels for one or two
Carrot Cake Bites! GF, V, SCD, Paleo!See More