- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 16
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryI found this recipe on the Good Eats N Sweets blog - looked so great and had to share - will be making tomorrow.
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup cake flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups (packed) golden brown sugar
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 large eggs
- 3 TBSP key lime juice
- 3/4 cup shredded sweetened coconut
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 9×9x2-inch metal baking pan with aluminum foil, extending foil over sides by 2 inches. Butter and flour foil.
- Whisk 2 cups flour, baking powder, salt, and baking soda in medium bowl to blend. Using electric mixer, beat brown sugar and butter in large bowl until light and fluffy.
- Beat in eggs 1 at a time, then key lime juice. Add flour mixture and beat just until blended. Stir in shredded coconut.
- Spread batter evenly in prepared pan.
- Bake dessert until top is golden and tester inserted into center comes out clean, about 50 minutes
- Cool completely in pan on rack. (Can be made 1 day ahead. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate. Bring to room temperature before serving.) Decorate with melted white chocolate if desired. Cut into 16 squares and serve.