- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg, plus
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice (or Key Lime juice)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lime zest (green part only)
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, mix butter, sugar, egg and egg yolk until creamy.
- Thoroughly mix in flour, baking powder, salt, lime juice and lime peel.
- Form dough into 1/2-inch balls and place on lightly greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350 for 8 to 10 minutes or until cookies are lightly browned. Remove to wire rack.
- While still warm, sift confectioner's sugar over cookies