- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 12-15
- Preparation Time:
- White Chocolate
- Chocolate Transfer Sheet
- Pillsbury Pie Dough-2 sheets - You can make your own but the premade sheets work well too.
- Key Lime Filling:
- 5 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup key lime juice
- 1 14 ounce can of sweetened condensed milk
- Whipped cream
- Start by making the filling -
- Beat the egg yolks. Add lime juice and condensed milk. Cover and chill until slightly thickened. Mix in whipped cream. Put mixture in fridge until you are ready to use.
- Melt the white chocolate. Lay down transfer sheet on top of Reynolds Parchment Paper. Pour chocolate onto transfer sheet and smooth with spatula.
- Set aside and let it firm up.
- When firm cut out into desired shapes and place in the fridge to keep cool.
- Cut shapes in pie crust and bake as directed. Cool completely.
- To assemble, place pie crust down, add a dollop of filling, and then top with a chocolate shape.
- Keep in closed container in fridge until ready to serve
NotesI wanted to try something that wasn't so gross for Halloween. I had ordered some chocolate transfer sheets online and had key lime filling from some cupcakes in the freezer. The pastries were the result.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Eco-Chefs Kids Culinary Cookbook
Short & Sweet
Just Desserts - Top 20 from the Culinary Alchemy BlogSee More
Ensalada Tibia con Nueces
Bibi's Cheese FlanSee More