- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 12-15
- Preparation Time:
- White Chocolate
- Chocolate Transfer Sheet
- Pillsbury Pie Dough-2 sheets - You can make your own but the premade sheets work well too.
- Key Lime Filling:
- 5 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup key lime juice
- 1 14 ounce can of sweetened condensed milk
- Whipped cream
- Start by making the filling -
- Beat the egg yolks. Add lime juice and condensed milk. Cover and chill until slightly thickened. Mix in whipped cream. Put mixture in fridge until you are ready to use.
- Melt the white chocolate. Lay down transfer sheet on top of Reynolds Parchment Paper. Pour chocolate onto transfer sheet and smooth with spatula.
- Set aside and let it firm up.
- When firm cut out into desired shapes and place in the fridge to keep cool.
- Cut shapes in pie crust and bake as directed. Cool completely.
- To assemble, place pie crust down, add a dollop of filling, and then top with a chocolate shape.
- Keep in closed container in fridge until ready to serve
NotesI wanted to try something that wasn't so gross for Halloween. I had ordered some chocolate transfer sheets online and had key lime filling from some cupcakes in the freezer. The pastries were the result.