- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3/4 cup margarine
- 1cup powdered sugar
- 2Tsp freshly squeezed key lime juice
- 2Tsp finely grated lime zest
- 1Tsp vanilla
- 1 3/4 cups+2Tsp all-purpose flour
- 2Tsp cornstarch
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Beat butter and 1/3cup of the sugar until fluffy with electric mixer. Add lime juice, zest, and vanilla; beat until fluffy.
- In medium bowl, whisk flour, cornstarch, and salt. Add to butter mixture and beat on low speed until combined.
- Between 2 pieces of parchment paper, roll dough into 2 diameter logs.
- Chill at least 1 hour. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Place remaining sugar in a resealable plastic bag. Remove parchment from log; slice into 1/8-inch thick rounds. Place rounds on baking sheers, spaced 1 inch apart.
- Bake until barely golden, about 15 min. Transfer to a wire rack to cool slightly, 8-10min.
- While warm, place cookies in the sugar filled bag; toss to coat.
- Store cookies in airtight container up to 2 weeks. Bake or freeze remaining dough. Makes approx. 10 dozen cookies.
NotesThis is just a recipe that I got when I was playing around with different recipes. I sort of took a couple of aspects from like three different recipes, modified them a little, and put them together, and this is how it turned out. I was so surprise when I first tried it. Hope you like it.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Desperate Housewives: Juicy Dishes & Saucy Bites
Gonzalez Family~Established 8.8.14
St.George YMCA-YWCA Before and After School CookbookSee More
Chicken Cordon Bleu
Fudgy Caramel DelightSee More