- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3/4 cup margarine
- 1cup powdered sugar
- 2Tsp freshly squeezed key lime juice
- 2Tsp finely grated lime zest
- 1Tsp vanilla
- 1 3/4 cups+2Tsp all-purpose flour
- 2Tsp cornstarch
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Beat butter and 1/3cup of the sugar until fluffy with electric mixer. Add lime juice, zest, and vanilla; beat until fluffy.
- In medium bowl, whisk flour, cornstarch, and salt. Add to butter mixture and beat on low speed until combined.
- Between 2 pieces of parchment paper, roll dough into 2 diameter logs.
- Chill at least 1 hour. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Place remaining sugar in a resealable plastic bag. Remove parchment from log; slice into 1/8-inch thick rounds. Place rounds on baking sheers, spaced 1 inch apart.
- Bake until barely golden, about 15 min. Transfer to a wire rack to cool slightly, 8-10min.
- While warm, place cookies in the sugar filled bag; toss to coat.
- Store cookies in airtight container up to 2 weeks. Bake or freeze remaining dough. Makes approx. 10 dozen cookies.
NotesThis is just a recipe that I got when I was playing around with different recipes. I sort of took a couple of aspects from like three different recipes, modified them a little, and put them together, and this is how it turned out. I was so surprise when I first tried it. Hope you like it.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Disney's Tinker Bell "Secret of the Wings Cookbook"
The Real Deal Apple Recipes.
Let's Talk Turkey! My Family's Turkey Day FeastSee More
Curried Eggplant with Coconut Milk
Cube Steaks Paprika
Crockpot Rice Pork ChopsSee More