- Cooking Time: 12-15
- Preparation Time:
- 1 9 - 10 inch graham cracker crust, homemade or prepared (If using a homemade crust it should be cooled completely before using).
- 3 large egg yolks
- 1 cup granulated, no-calorie sugar substitute (i.e. Splenda)
- 3 Tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup reduced-fat sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 cup light butter
- 1/3 cup key lime juice (fresh if possible)
- 1 Tablespoon key lime zest
- 1 cup sour cream (regular, reduced fat or no fat)
- 1 Tablespoon cornstarch
- 6 Tablespoons cold water, divided use
- 3 large egg whites, at room temperature
- 1/3 cup granulated, no-calorie sugar substitute (i.e. Splenda)
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat to 250 degrees F.
- Whisk egg yolks, in a small bowl, until combined.
- Combine 1 cup sugar and 3 Tablespoons
- cornstarch in a small saucepan.
- Add 1/2 cup milk and whisk to blend. Add remaining milk.
- Cook over a medium heat, whisking constantly, until the mixture begins to thicken.
- Spoon 2 Tablespoons of hot milk mixture over egg yolks and whisk to temper.
- Pour egg yolk mixture into saucepan and bring mixture to a low boil, whisking constantly for 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add butter, stirring until completely melted.
- Stir in juice and zest.
- Cool, in saucepan, completely.
- Stir in sour cream.
- Spread lime mixture into prepared crust. Set aside.
- In a small cup dissolve 1 Tablespoon of cornstarch in 2 Tablespoons water.
- In a small saucepan bring remaining water to a boil.
- Add cornstarch mixture to boiling water and cook, whisking constantly, until mixture is clear and thickened, about 2 -3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and cool completely.
- With an electric mixer beat the egg whites until foamy.
- Gradually add the 1/3 cup sugar substitute, baking soda and vanilla.
- Add the cornstarch mixture and beat at a high speed until stiff peaks form.
- Spread the meringue over the entire surface of the cooled pie, Bake until the meringue is golden brown, about 12 - 15 minutes.
- Remove pie from oven, set on a rack and cool completely.
- Chill pie for at least 2 hours or until ready to serve.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Angel Acres Thanksgiving Dinner Cookbook!
WorkingBug's Open House Cookbook
Let Food Be Thy Medicine ... and Medicine Be Thy FoodSee More
Easy Graham Cracker Ginger Bread House
Pecan Almond MuffinsSee More