- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 3 tablespoons white sugar
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 cup key lime or plain lime juice
- 3 eggs
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch cream of tartar
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 lime, sliced
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Mix graham cracker crumbs with sugar and melted butter. Press into 9 inch pie plate and bake for 5 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool.
- Separate 2 of the eggs, placing the two egg whites into a mixing bowl. Reserve the yolks in another bowl.
- To the yolks, add one whole egg, lime juice and sweetened condensed milk. Whisk until smooth. With clean mixer blades or a whisk attachment, beat the egg whites with cream of tartar until stiff, but not dry. Fold whites into filling mixture. Pour filling into partially baked crust.
- Bake in preheated 325 degrees F (165 degrees C) for 10 to 15 minutes or until set. Let cool at room temperature, then freeze 4 hours to overnight. Just before serving, whip cream to form stiff peaks. Serve decorated with whipped cream and lime slices.
NotesHere is a recipe for Key Lime Pie Bars, which I made in a large pan instead of a pie pan:
(adapted from AllRecipes.com)
I doubled this recipe easily.
'CHEF' the Film Cookbook: Recipes from El Jefe
Adventures in Cooking
"Appreciation" The Complimentary "Clean Eats" Vol.3See More
Broccoli Chicken Casserole
SLOW COOKER BBQ COUNTRY RIBS
TUNA PARFAIT ON JAPANESE SWEET POTATO TEMPURA AND TEMPURA GREEN ONIONS WITH SAKE SOY GLAZESee More