- Cooking Time: 12 to 15
- Preparation Time:
- 4 eggs
- 1/2-cup Key lime juice
- 1 can Eagle Brand Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 8 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4-teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 prepared pie shell (regular of graham cracker)
- Separate egg yolks from egg whites.
- Mix can of sweetened condensed milk with egg yolks.
- Mix Key lime juice with egg yolks and sweetened condensed milk.
- Gently fold a spoonful or two of meringue (recipe follows) into mixture. (The more meringue you add, the lighter and fluffier the pie filling will be.)
- Pour into pre-baked or graham cracker pie shell.
- To make meringue, add cream of tartar to egg whites.
- Then add vanilla extract.
- Beat egg whites until mixture begins to foam.
- Slowly add sugar while continuing to beat egg whites.
- Beat egg whites until white stand in “peaks“ in beating bowl.
- Cover egg mixture in pie shell with meringue and take in preheated 350-degree oven for 12 to 15 minutes or until meringue is lightly browned.
NotesKey Lime Pie Version I
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for Breakfast
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)
Cooking with THE HOLMES SISTERS Volume 1 "As seen on 3ABN"See More
Mushroom & Nut Pate
Chuck's Pumpkin Cup Pie: Pushing DaisiesSee More