- Cooking Time: 12 to 15
- Preparation Time:
- 4 eggs
- 1/2-cup Key lime juice
- 1 can Eagle Brand Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 8 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4-teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 prepared pie shell (regular of graham cracker)
- Separate egg yolks from egg whites.
- Mix can of sweetened condensed milk with egg yolks.
- Mix Key lime juice with egg yolks and sweetened condensed milk.
- Gently fold a spoonful or two of meringue (recipe follows) into mixture. (The more meringue you add, the lighter and fluffier the pie filling will be.)
- Pour into pre-baked or graham cracker pie shell.
- To make meringue, add cream of tartar to egg whites.
- Then add vanilla extract.
- Beat egg whites until mixture begins to foam.
- Slowly add sugar while continuing to beat egg whites.
- Beat egg whites until white stand in “peaks“ in beating bowl.
- Cover egg mixture in pie shell with meringue and take in preheated 350-degree oven for 12 to 15 minutes or until meringue is lightly browned.
NotesKey Lime Pie Version I
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Brownies: Baking Outside the Box
Let Food Be Thy Medicine ... and Medicine Be Thy Food
Desperate Housewives: Juicy Dishes & Saucy BitesSee More
Steamed trout with ginger and spring onions
Buttery Pull-Apart Bread
Ham & Cheese Roll UpsSee More