- Cooking Time: 28
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryAfter having had this wonderful pie in the US I just had to find the recipie for it. I found several different recipies for it e.g. in Bon Appetit and this is what I made of it and it turned out really great! A picture will follow when I will make it next time and that will be pretty soon as I have some Key Lime Juice from fresh Key limes that I measure for one Key Lime Pie and freeze in a plastic bag and of course thaw before use :-)
That way I can make the Key Lime Pie not only a few days after I return from my US Trips but, whenever I like!
- 1 1/4 Cup Digestive Biscuits (in the US e.g. Nabisco, in the UK e.g. M.Cain)
- 3 Tbsp sugar
- A Pinch of Salt
- 6 Tbsp Unsalted Butter Melted
- The Yummy Filling:
- 1 Tin (397g) Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 4 big or 5 small Eggyolks
- 1/2 Cup freshly Squeezed Key Lime Juice
- Crumble the biscuits in a food processor. Add salt, sugar and melted butter and combine.
- Push down into a small pie form e.g. with a tablespoon.
- Bake at 150°C for 10 minutes.
- Cool completely.
- Beat Eggyolks, beat the condensed milk with the eggyolks.
- Combine and beat the Key Lime juice with the eggyolks and milk,
- careful can be very fluid when whisking.
- Pour into the baked pie crust and
- bake for 18 minutes at 175°C
- Leave over night.
- Serve cold and Enjoy!