- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup butter
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 2 cups white granulated sugar
- 5 eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon. baking powder
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup Florida Key West Key Lime Juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3 tablespoons Florida Key West Key Lime Juice
- Preheat oven to 325 F (165oC).
- Grease and flour 10-inch tube pan.
- Mix together the flour and baking powder.
- Cream together butter, shortening and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time.
- Beat in the flour mixture alternately with the milk, mixing just until incorporated.
- Stir in key lime juice and vanilla extract.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 90 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Allow to cool in pan 10 minutes.
- Turn it out onto wire rack.
- While warm, prick top of cake with toothpick.
- Prepare glaze by combining, in a small saucepan, sugar, butter and key lime juice.
- Bring to boil.
- Continue to boil, stirring constantly, for 1 minute. Remove from heat.
- Pour Key Lime Glaze over warm cake. Cool completely.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Healthy Blender Recipes: Vegan Drinks, Shakes & Smoothies
HalFire: A Passion for HotWings!
Get Fit With Good Food!See More
Honey and Walnut Wholemeal Bread
Zucchini Bread 2
The Best Potato Salad Ever!See More