- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4-6
- Preparation Time:
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon sea or kosher salt
- 2 large eggs, separated
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated key lime zest
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed key lime juice (about 6 limes)
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine the flour, sugar and salt in a medium mixing bowl.
- Beat the egg yolks in a second bowl.
- Add the milk, lime zest and juice and stir into the dry ingredients, mixing well to make a smooth batter.
- In a clean bowl, whip the egg whites until stiff peaks form. Using a rubber spatula, gently but thoroughly fold them into the batter.
- Transfer to a soufflé dish or 1-quart casserole. Place in a larger baking dish and pour hot water into the larger dish to a depth of about 1 inch.
- Bake 50 minutes. Serve warm or cold, ladling the top and sauce onto dessert plates.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at Pesah
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette StarbuckSee More
Surprise Birthday Cake
Citrus Pork Roast
Paula's Pecan ChickenSee More