- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4-6
- Preparation Time:
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon sea or kosher salt
- 2 large eggs, separated
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated key lime zest
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed key lime juice (about 6 limes)
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine the flour, sugar and salt in a medium mixing bowl.
- Beat the egg yolks in a second bowl.
- Add the milk, lime zest and juice and stir into the dry ingredients, mixing well to make a smooth batter.
- In a clean bowl, whip the egg whites until stiff peaks form. Using a rubber spatula, gently but thoroughly fold them into the batter.
- Transfer to a soufflé dish or 1-quart casserole. Place in a larger baking dish and pour hot water into the larger dish to a depth of about 1 inch.
- Bake 50 minutes. Serve warm or cold, ladling the top and sauce onto dessert plates.
Second Grade Holiday Cookbook 2014
Noshing with NOCALL: Recipe Pathfinders of the Northern California Association of Law Libraries
Pies, wonderful pies! Both sweet and savoury.See More
Parmesan Corn Pudding
Seven-layer Macaroni & Cheese SaladSee More