- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryOMG heaven in a cupcake!
So I used the recipe from here however I added a little more flair to it!
instead of the 1 cup of white chocolate chips, I added 1 cup of white chocolate/ macadamia nut mix. I also added more zest to the batter. For the glaze I added more lime juice and zest. I dont have key limes here in Germany so used regular limes. Still it is heaven! so I thought I would share!
BTW- I only taste test my cupcake combos, because I normally give to hubby to take to work. I am thinking I may have to make this again for myself!
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons (3/4 stick) butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated key lime zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh key lime juice (see Note)
- 2/3 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup white chocolate chips ( i used white chocolate/macadamia mix)
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/8 cup fresh key lime juice
- Additional powdered sugar (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Line a 9 x 13-inch baking pan with non-stick foil or grease with butter liberally.